1. What is CheckSite?
CheckSite is a service that provides accurate, credible and timely information on a variety of themes about a particular site. CheckSite sets the industry standard for Phase 1 Environmental Risk Assessments and brings together the information you need to help assess risk. You define the property and we deliver professional reports derived from the most reliable sources.
2. Where does CheckSite source the information from? Is it reliable?
CheckSite’s information is drawn from authoritative, mainly government sources and incorporates a combination of maps, tables and aerial photography. The information provided in a CheckSite report is the most currently available but CheckSite also offers unsurpassed access to historical aerial photography.
3. I need the information urgently? How quickly can you provide it?
CheckSite has a turnaround of 4 working days from report request to provision. Some parts of the CheckSite report require response from external agencies to complete. Due to this, CheckSite does not promise that all parts of the report will be provided at the same time.
4. How many different types of reports are there?
Currently there are 3 different CheckSite reports
The contents of each report differ from state-to-state depending on the availability of information. Sample reports showing the typical content of a report can be downloaded from the sample reports area of this website. In general, each report will include;
The CheckSite report includes the following:
- Map incorporating a 1,000m radial buffer identifying locations of interest to the EPA.
- Table identifying individual locations of interest to the EPA within a 1,000m radius of the site.
- Planning information maps for the site (Planning Zones and Overlays)
- Current Land Title and Title Plan
- Environmental Report Site map incorporating a 1,000m radial buffer and identifying locations of interest to the EPA.
- Environmental Report Site table identifying individual locations of interest to the EPA within a 1,000m radius of the site.
- Groundwater Bores map and table
- Acid Sulfate Soils map
- Soils map
- Geology map
- Topographic map
The CheckSite Heritage report includes the following;
- Historical aerial photography
- Parish and Township plans
- MMBW Sewage plans
- Historic Planning Schemes
- Historic Melway
- Historic Images and Newspapers
The CheckSite Historical report includes the following;
- Historical aerial photography – generally one historical aerial photo per decade is provided.
- Parish and Township Plans.